Us

Us

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Another early morning and another early morning call to Melissa. The trouble with waking up at 4:30 a.m. is that I am REALLY tired by 6:00 p.m. I'm a nut case! The work day was pretty smooth and we accomplished a few things. I did let myself get talked into a bake sale that will likely come back to bite me--thus the reason I was awake at 3:51 a.m. Thursday morning. After work Wednesday, I went to Casa Grande for supplies for the Veterans Day service and luncheon. It was my lucky day. Albertson's had ground beef on sale for $1 a pound and hamburger buns on sale for $1 a package. I loaded up my cart. I'll go back Thursday and finish the rest of my shopping. I've got the buns on the dash in the motor home and they are about to drive Jasmine crazy. She can't hear and she can't see much but she sure can smell! This job is really opening my eyes wider to people than the 30 years I worked prior to this. Working with all "retired" people is a totally different ball game. If I were to help the majority of them write a resume, the first thing I would put on their paper is "I HAVE AN AGENDA OF MY OWN AND I WON'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS UNTIL YOU DON'T FOLLOW IT AND YOU AREN'T GOING TO CHANGE IT." I'll be so glad when Bruce gets back. We are an excellent team and I need to be reminded of that every now and again. Bruce and Alex pretty much finished everything they had to do in Iowa. Alex made it back to Topeka safely. I talked to Bruce about 9:00 and he was headed to bed in a state of exhaustion. Those two accomplished a tremendous amout in three days.

2 comments:

Marge & Fred said...

Working with seniors, retired or not, is an experience unto itself! No one understands the complexities of the senior mindset until you've dealt with it on a day to day basis. Hang in there, my friend. It will get better along about next April.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping, since I didn't get a call at 6:30AM, that you were able to go back to sleep. I hope today is less stressful for you.