Us

Us

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

m I still here??? If I am, then why am I still here?? Am I stupid? Am I stubborn? Have I been bad? If you figure it out will you let me know, please?? Sunday was another good day. Monday started off with a bang. The park got robbed overnight so everyone was really in a tizzy. The dirty devils even stole our coffee money box. We showed them though because we found the box in the dumpster. I guess they were mad because there was no money in the box. We had just emptied it to buy more coffee. Several bikes were stolen and the Catina was broken into. On top of that, the owners discovered that their identity had been stolen so all the park bank accounts were frozen which changed the way we could take payments. The Sheriff's Department came to investigate. That was a REAL joke. The Activities Office did not get robbed so we just hid in our own little building. The workampers started putting up all the Christmas decorations. I worked in the office with one of our new workampers. She is a real joy to work with and I am so thankful for her help. I wore my Santa hat all afternoon in an attempt to spread a little cheer. Tuesday I went back to line dancing. We worked on the honey, the electric slide, and candida. By the end of the hour I knew what I was doing but by the time I go back next week I'll likely get to start all over from the beginning. The only dilemma that confronted me in line dancing was a missing pot holder. I couldn't solve that one. After line dancing I went over to the office. I walked into about 10 questions plus Bruce telling me how some woman crabbed at him in the parking lot because we were collecting for the Arizona Opry way too early and she's on a fixed income. That just hit me wrong. I looked up her site number and marched right over to her house. She was really surprised to see me. I was sure I could win her over with kindness but I didn't do it. She ended the conversation by saying that I just need to understand that "WE DON'T WANT CHANGE AND WE DON'T LIKE CHANGE". I left there and ran home to get the food I had made for the ladies Bible study. I ran to the office just in time to be 5 minutes late for the Bible study. The Bible study hour was a wonderful distraction. We worked the rest of the afternoon without incident. At 5:00 we came home. Bruce started the engine for its monthly exercise. People were all looking out the windows. One called and wanted to know if we got fired. Several others just had to ask what was going on. They all thought we were leaving for sure. I do have to admit that when I heard that wonderful sound I just wanted to jump in and take off. We gobbled down some dinner and ran back to the hall for the lighting of the Christmas tree. Now we are hiding from the world in the comfort of our home sweet home. We haven't left yet because we are tough cookies and we want to prove to ourselves that we can do this. Bruce and I have decided that the underlying problem here is that right now the only people that are here are the residents that have been here for years plus the workampers. The residents are all mad at the park owners and the park manager. They take their anger out on anyone that remotely represents management. I believe that none of their griping is really aimed at us personally - just management in general but we get the brunt of their anger. I think things will be a lot better when some transients get here that aren't deep into park politics. I hope we are still here to find out!

No comments: