Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
This was an interesting day. We both worked all day. Late in the day one of our workampers came in and quit. He arrived last week and just didn't like the job at all. The feeling was mutual. Last week I gave him about 10 choices of things to do but he wouldn't do any of them. After the last time, I told him to go to his RV because I was tired of hearing him whine. Later he came back and apologized. That day I was hoping he would quit but he didn't do it until today. He gave Bruce a lame excuse about having to go to Idaho for a hearing and about not liking the manager. After we got home from work he hollered at me when I was taking out the trash. He told me he just couldn't stand sitting around. I just ignored him and pretended I didn't hear a word he said. I wanted to tell him he wouldn't have had to sit around if he would have done one of the 10 things I offered him. Anyway that problem is resolved. He was definitely way too important to monkey around with this nonsense!
We had our second potluck tonight and again it was a success. We tried a new style of seating so tomorrow we'll gt to hear whether they liked it or not. One of our workamper teams was in charge so Bruce and I didn't do anything. We do have to do a little adjusting though. The potluck started about 5:35 and by 6:30 they were putting away tables and chairs. We were still eating and it was so noisy from all the banging around that we could hardly hear ourselves think. You know they were in a rush when they were even too quick for me! Now I know how my family has felt for all these years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment