Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
This morning Bruce went over to the office early so he could put the final touches on the newsletter and email it off to the printer. I had an appointment with a dermatologist for my routine semi-annual whole body check. After that I was going to get a hair cut, a manicure and a pedicure. It was my lucky day. I had four more places on my face that had to be biopsied. One on each side of my nose and one on the right side of my upper lip and one on the left side of my upper lip. I look like I've been in a cat fight. I'll get the results on December 5. The good news is that according to this doctor (and the last one too) I don't have any skin damage except on my face and my upper chest. Anyway, I came home after she scraped my face off because I didn't feel like telling anyone why I was all scratched up. I skipped the beauty things for today. I saved lots of money.
We both worked this afternoon. The lady that is doing the cooking is doing a great job. She's got all the turkeys ready to go in the ovens. She's got the gravy base all ready and she's got the cranberries all cooked. She is organized to the max and I love it! I think tomorrow's dinner will be wonderful. After work tonight 7 friends came over and we had some good laughs. Then we all went to Pizza Hut for dinner. It sure doesn't seem like Thanksgiving here. It was 80 today and just beautiful. It's supposed to get cold tomorrow - in the 70's and then way down to the 60's. We are not working Friday, Saturday or Sunday and we are THANKFUL!!
Bruce talked to the nursing home today. His mother is able to walk in a walker and is participating in the therapy. She still is not eating anything inspite of the medication that is supposed to be improving her appetite. Bruce's aunt and uncle are going to take Thanksgiving Dinner to the nursing home tomorrow evening.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just been catching up on your happenings. Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. Tell the horse shoe lady to go find her own horseshoes.(thats way i couldn't do your job)Glad you guys are healthy (we are too). Getting ready for the big game sat. night. wear black and gold for us. We went to Manhattan with the Taylors last sat. and had a great time. We stayed at their house Fri.night because of a early departure on sat.morning. Their house is really nice and Jenny fixed a great meal and you know the out come of the game so it was a great week end for us. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment