Us

Us

Monday, November 19, 2007

Very Early on Monday, November 19, 2007

Since my car ordeal I've been BUSY!! ha. Friday was an annoying day but we both survived. We had our big donut day with Beaudry RV. Bruce was in hog heaven spending the morning with the salesmen. They brought three RVs and four motor scooters to our park. After they left Bruce went on the hunt for the parts for the car. He managed to finally get the parts and get back to our RV about 5:00 that afternoon. By then I had finished a day at the office, cleaned the RV and managed to work myself into a real tizzy. After he got home he went right to work on the car and finished installing the new power steering pump about 8:00. Some very nice friends came by and helped hold the light for him because of course it was pitch dark out there on the ground. He is such a good sport and didn't complain one bit about lying on the ground for 3 hours. By 8:15 we were up at the hall for a going away party for our head of maintenance. The party was just ending so we were back home before long. Saturday morning we went to a Ohio State/Michigan football party. That was a great distraction for us. Bruce managed to get a few zzzzz's out there in the sun. He carefully positioned himself in the back of the gallery so no one even knew what he was up to. Saturday afternoon we went to Casa Grande and did a little shopping. Somehow we managed to leave Bruce's white socks at the condo and with the threat of cool temps (in the 70's) he decided he might need to wear his tennis hoes so we made a visit to the new Kohl's store. Saturday evening we went to the dance. Only three of our workampers bothered to show up so we had the great pleasure of putting away the tables and cleaning up after the dance so we could then set up for church services. Always a joy! Sunday morning started with a wonderful breakfast served by one of our neighbors. The park residents are starting to warm up to us and are inviting us into their inner circle!! I guess we've passed the initial test. We had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon and juice. We gobbled that down and headed to the hall for the worship service. There were only about 20 people at worship. We've got our work cut out for us in that arena as well. Sunday afternoon Bruce got busy and reviewed his mother's assisted living bills for the past two years. When he was all finished he came to the conclusion that the assisted living center had actually refunded $10.67 more than necessary so that chapter in finished and he's happy. In all of our craziness we managed to miss our friend Myrna's 60th birthday so we invited them over for dinner and drinks Sunday evening. We invited another couple and then some more stopped in so we had a good time. We all went to the golf course for dinner. Cooking is something that is just not necessary when there is such a good place close by! I finished the night with a great telephone conversation with my best cheerleader - Michelle. She works so hard at keeping me on track and for that I am very thankful. Now it is 4:53 Monday morning. I've been awake since 3:00 and decided to make good use of my time instead of lying there being mad about being awake. My mind is thinking about how to cook 15 turkeys in 6 electric roasters and one oven. It's also thinking about all the newspaper articles I need to write today. Oh yes, and we've got to get all of our January posters designed and printed by the end of the week. That is something I had just plain forgotten about. November has just slipped away quietly. I can hear Bruce and Jasmine sleeping pleasantly back there. Maybe I should go jump on the man that took this great little job that was only going to require 21 hours a week of him watching other people work and nothing from me!!! Most importantly, I am thankful I can get up in the middle of the night and write about our meaningless little adventures. I am thankful that Bruce and I are both enjoying wonderful health. I am thankful that our kids are gainfully employed and reasonably happy in life. I am thankful that my parents are enjoying a period of wellness. I am thankful that Bruce's mother is where she is being cared for by very loving people. I am thankful for all of our loving friends. I am thankful for the freedom to worship my Lord and Savior!

1 comment:

Bev said...

Hopefully this week will be much better even though you have turkeys to cook. I finished our kitchen yesterday. Yea! I'll send pictures to show the difference. Take care of yourselves!!!!!!Happy Thanksgiving! Love you both.