Monday, November 12, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Today was a very successful day for the Activities Coordinator and his helper at Quail Run RV Resort. Bruce and I were up and ready for duty bright and early this morning. We went over to the kitchen and got everything out of the cabinets and started warming the sloppy joes. We also started cutting up our fresh fruit. About 9:30 we headed back tot he RV for a quick shower so we could be at the 10:00 Veterans Day Service. We made it with time to spare. The service ended at 11:10 and by 11:25 our workampers had moved the 100 chairs that were set up for church, set up all the tables and rearranged everything for the luncheon. By now I was about a nervous wreck because I had decided that I made too little food. At noon the manager welcomed all the guests and we started the serving line about two minutes later. By 12:10 p.m. we had served 115 people and we had all kinds of food to spare! The ultimate compliment came from the manager's husband. He told me on Friday and that wasn't about to eat the sloppy joes because I ruined it by putting Worcestershire sauce in them. Well, he tried them and said he loved them. Thanks, Shirley Mae for the recipe. People were heaping praise on our operation and there was not one complaint. We cleaned up and were all ready to go home by 1:15. We have an awesome bunch of workers. Bruce and I came home and took a nap. Later we all met at the breezeway for happy hour. That was followed by a visit from Charles and Myrna. We had a full day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations to you both on the successful day Sunday! It sounds like you are really feeling comfortable in your new "groove!" I'm sure the campers were happy to see Bruce back. We are thankful that all went so smoothly in Iowa for him & Alex. God is blessing you in many ways in AZ & IA! We pray for continued good health for all!
Post a Comment