Us

Us

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Since Bruce is gone I don't have anyone to talk to when I wake up early in the morning. I had a great idea. I'd call Melissa. She starts work at 6:30 CST which makes it 5:30 my time. I laid there in bed until 5:31 and I called her. She thinks I'm nuts and feels really sorry for Bruce that he has to listen to me every morning. Oh well. I went for a nice walk around the park, had some breakfast and headed off to work. It was an uneventful day. One of the park residents is a singer/songwriter and he performed in the hall at 4:00. That was a fun event. I came home for a few minutes and was off to Lee and Pam Fairchild's for chili. Oh yum. It was sooooo good. I'm going to encourage her to let us use her recipe for the chili feed after our caroling night on December 22. Nothing is safe anymore. I'm always thinking about what I could use at the park. Bruce and Alex finished moving Granny to the nursing home. Alex decorated her room and made it look great while Bruce worked on paperwork. When that was finished Granny got to see her new room. She accepted it better than Bruce had expected. Yesterday morning she thought Bruce was "her husband". As you can imagine, all of this is taking its toll on both Bruce and Alex. They were really tired. Wednesday Bruce has more paperwork to attend to and Alex will head home. What a blessing Alex has been to Bruce this week!

3 comments:

Marge & Fred said...

Have you ever wanted to say to a kid . . . "just wait, your time's coming"? Believe me, I have . . . not once, but many times.

We are truly glad that Alex was able to be with Bruce this week. This obviously has been extremely hard on both of them. And your being so far away doesn't make it any easier. Please know that we care very much about all of you.

Isn't it great to get to know other residents in your park? We are totally enjoying the new friends we have made this past year. Even the cats are learning to accept visits from our friends, Don and Rosalie and their minpin, Scooter, without too much fuss. And your chili feed after a caroling party sounds like lots of great fun. And it is perfectly fine to steal ideas where ever you might find them.

Take good care.

Anonymous said...

I am always happy to talk to you. Plus talking to you so early gives me the added bonus of delaying starting work.

Marge & Fred said...

Good for Melissa! Spoken like a true daughter who loves her mom a lot!