Us

Us

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wow. What happened to this day? We got up early and went to the kitchen. We put 13 of our 15 turkeys in tubs and covered them with cold water to thaw them. We had a nice walk around the park and came home for breakfast. I decided I'd go to line dance this morning and act like a real human being (as opposed to a tired workamper). I got there just as the class was starting but that didn't stop a woman from telling me that I needed to find the horseshoes she couldn't find. I got away from her and ran to a place in line across the room only to be grabbed by another woman that NEEDED to tell me that she wants to start the miniature golf league in December instead of January. I told her we'd take care of it after class but she sure did run to me every chance she could get. When line dance was finished one of the residents sought me out and asked me what I was doing there. Hmmm. I told her I was line dancing. She said, "Oh, you don't have to work on Tuesday anymore?" I just couldn't help myself. I told her that our contract called for one person to work 21 hours a week and both of us have been working 80 hours a week so I would line dance if I wanted to line dance. She said, "OH" and took off. By the time I got to the door the horseshoe woman and the mini golf woman were both with me. We got to the office and Bruce was working on the newsletter and all the workampers were sitting around laughing and talking like that's all they had to do. I spoiled that party by asking them if they had written up their work plan for Thanksgiving Day. Of course that got them busy. I had Bruce make a call about the horseshoes and they were delivered. Maintenance had just been there to fix the leaking toilet in the men's room and someone came out and told us there was water all over. (Remember the head maintenance man got axed). We reported that to the office. I answered too many questions from all kinds of people in the office. Next I got the miniature golf league set up and came home for my shower. I was in a mood! In 20 minutes I was back to work. The day went better from there. I think the word got out that it was just better to stay away because there was only one person that came in the rest of the day. We got the newsletter written and delivered to one of the workampers to proofread. I went to the kitchen and unpacked the new roasters I bought last night. The manager came in and told me to be sure to put water in the bottom of the roaster. I had to get out the instruction manual and show her that we did not put water in the bottom of the roaster because of course she doesn't believe anything. To that she said, "I don't know why I'm even talking because I don't know how to cook." I wanted to scream, "SO GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I drained the water off the turkeys and put them back in the fridges. On the way home we met two couples going out to dinner so we went along. Now Bruce is back at the office correcting the newsletter so it can go to the printer in the morning. Jasmine and I are watching dancing with the stars. I just have to sit back and laugh at us. I can't wait to get back in the morning to see what tomorrow will bring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my did you have a great day! So much for trying to do something for yourself! HAHA good thing you can deal with people like that from past experience! HAHA I know your Thanksgiving meal will turn out great! Have a great day!

Janet