Us

Us

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shirley Henderson, Garrett Wolfe, Vince Henderson
Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were busy days AGAIN! Sunday, Vince, Shirley and I went to their grandson's baseball game. He did a great job helping his team win. The day weather was beautiful and we had a good time. After the game, the three of us went to Sam's and did more shpoping for the Valentine's Day dinner. We stopped by the RV park on the way home and they helped me unload all the goods. That is a chore I will not miss when I leave here.
Monday was not a good day for me at all. I was stressed over the Valentine's dinner. Luckily Snookie and Lucille (workampers) are taking care of all the decorations, set up and the raffle. The office was busy all day so I had to stay way late to get a few things accomplished. Jack and Cathy invited me over for dinner. After dinner Jasmine decided to poop on the floor and then she decided to pee on the floor at Jack and Cathy's. That was the last straw for that nasty day.
This morning I got up early and went to Casa Grande to finish the shopping for the party. I left at 7:00 and got back about 10:00. I would have been back 15 minutes earlier but I couldn't find the car in the WalMart parking lot. I ended up walking up and down every aisle pushing my overflowing cart. Half the time I was stomping around and the other half I was crying on the phone to Bruce. I was a mess. I got back to the park and put 18 of the pork loins in roasters to cook. Next was the all resident meeting where I got to talk. Another task I won't miss. Shortly after it started the UPS man came to the office with a beautiful boquet of red roses for me from the love of my life. That brightened my day. After the meeting we chopped radishes and green onions. By then all but one of the pork loins was cooked to a perfect 170 so Cathy and I wrapped them in foil and put them in the fridge. It was after 2:00 so I came home. Bud stayed to take care of the last pork loin and babysit the afternoon entertainment. The motor home was a pig stye so I cleaned it up and now it looks great. Jasmine and I are settled in for the evening.
Roses from my lover! Aren't they pretty?
Tomorrow is an all work day and the party is tomorrow night. We'll be cooking for 170 people. Sure hope I have enough meat!!

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

You are a subject of much prayer at our house. We sure do love and appreciate you. And so proud of hubby for sending you beautiful roses. You're both the best!

Marge & Fred said...

When will Bruce start giving "good husband" lessons? What a thoughtful and loving gesture. Hang in there, my friend. February will be over soon.