Us

Us

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fun Day!! Jack, Cathy and I left the RV Park at 7:00 a.m. for Los Algadones, Mexico. Well, we almost left at 7:00. I had to stop in the office to check something I had done earlier and thought I messed up. It was fine but I just had to know for sure. Anyway we had a nice drive and arrived safely about 10:00. The little VW came through with flying colors. The weather was perfect - not too hot and not too cold - no wind. We shopped and had a great lunch. We got in line to cross the border at 1:55 and did not get to the U.S. until 3:55. ARGHHH!! By then we were hot and tired. That cheap rum I bought got mighty heavy! From Mexico we went to the Peanut Patch in Yuma for some more goodies. Then it was off toward home. We stopped in Dateland, AZ and I had a date shake. Before you say YUCK, I have to tell you that it was GOOD. We've driven past there several times and didn't bother to stop. That was something I thought I should do before we leave the area and I'm really glad I did. I also bought a five pound box of Medjool dates. Bruce will have a nice treat and the rest will be used at the luau here in the park. We arrived back at the RV about 8:15 this evening. We had big news in Arizona City while we were gone today. The very first stop light was installed at the corner of Sunland Gin Road and Bataglia Road today. That was a nice surprise. Tom Peterson babysat for Brandy and Jasmine today. They were both happy as can be when we got back.

No comments: