Us

Us

Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday, February 22, 2008

This day started at 3:15 a.m. for me. I had the great pleasure of dumping the black tank at 3:30. Have you ever seen the movie RV? Last night when I flushed the toilet there was a geyser in the toilet. I couldn't believe it so I flushed it again. It happened again. Then I filled the pot with water and flushed it. That made a BIG geyser (fresh water) and now I was soaked. I called Bruce and he had a few things to say and I didn't like any of them so I went to bed. After I was asleep he called and told me he figured out that the black tank was full. Now it seems funny to me but it wasn't so funny last night. When I woke at at 3:15 I was afraid to flush it again for fear that the next geyser would not be fresh water so out I went. I didn't have any water in the grey tank so I closed it, ran the dishwasher and the washer and then opened the grey valve too. By now I was fully awake so I just stayed up. I went to work at 9:00. I finished writing the contracts for all of next year's entertainers. One more thing off my list. IT IS FINISHED!!!!! Tonight was the last food event on my watch and for that I am VERY thankful. The White team did a superb job with the spaghetti dinner. I had my doubts about 1:00 this afternoon. Oh my. There wasn't enough butter to butter the 24 loaves of bread so I headed off to every stupid excuse of a grocery store in Arizona City. All I could scare up was 3 pounds so I ran that back to the park. Now the people working in the kitchen were all arguing about how to do the bread. We had a little pow wow and made a plan. Next we talked about the way the "expert" told us to do the spaghetti. None of us were comfortable with that plan so we changed the plan. The "expert" said the spaghetti needed to be cooked yesterday and that is what the White team did. Today it looked pretty much like a giant lump of goo and we were scared. They dropped it in boiling water for a few minutes and then mixed it in the hot sauce and kept it hot in roasters. They wrapped the buttered and cut bread in foil and heated it all in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. The salad was all cut up this morning and mixed this afternoon. At 5:00 sharp I said grace and we started serving. The food was GREAT!! The spaghetti was very moist and still hot when all of us slaves ate. Nothing could have been any better and everyone had a good time. We all took the tables down and set up for church. Did I mention that I'm thankful this was the last event on my watch!! Bud and Shelley and the rest of the gang will do a great job without me and in another week no one will even remember my name! Tomorrow Jack and Cathy and I are headed off to Fountain Hills Arts Festival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever notice 'experts' don't seem to be able to offer anything more to the process than their opinion? Like maybe lift a finger to help?