Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday and the first part of Friday 2/28-29
WHAHOO!!! Bruce arrived at PHX about 30 minutes early and for a wonder Jasmine and I were there this time (remember I was an hour late to pick him up in November). He sure looked good to me. Jasmine, however, was mad at him and wouldn't even look at him. She still hasn't warmed up to him but she will sooner or later. She's paying him back for leaving her.
I told Bruce last week that if he lived to 250 he'd never be able to repay me for leaving me to do his job. He's started paying me back and I like it a LOT! He brought me a beautiful strand of pearls and pearl earrings to match. He is so good and I like it. I'll bet Zoe (the jeweler) likes it too. You see, since Bruce retired he hasn't been buying jewelry so she was probably really glad to see him and find out that he is back to work. The economy is going to surge!!
This morning the park had a going away party for us at 8:30. The residents and our fellow workampers were way too kind to us. They showered us with wonderful words, gifts and hugs. Bill Turner is a singer/song writer and he gave Bruce two of his CD's so I'm listening to those right now. He's good! The residents have had a great time this winter and they appreciated our part in that immensely. Bruce cried like a baby (I know your are shocked NOT). I was dry-eyed until our workampers started talking and then I lost it too. God has given us many new friends and acquaintances that we will take with us in our hearts. Someone told us this is the first going away party they've ever had for workampers. We feel like it was a party for all of the Activities Workampers because every one of them contributed to this winter's success. Bruce and I were truly blessed this morning. That was a spectacular ending to this adventure.
Now Bruce is outside getting ready to roll. He HIRED someone to wash and wax the outside of the RV today. Can you believe it? I can't. He really has turned over a new leaf. Our Coolidge buddies will be here in a few minutes and we are all going to the golf course for lunch. I'll write more later.
Bruce's Mother is in the hospital with what they think is pneumonia. She went by ambulance last evening. Bruce talked to the nurse this morning and Doris had a restful night. Her heart markers are normal but her white count is up. They've got her on antibiotics and IV's. She's not been well for a week or so and she's really weak.
Did I mention that I'm glad to have Bruce home with me again? Well, I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment