Us

Us

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today is another sunny day in Arizona. Bruce, Janet, 65 park residents and I are going to Shamrock Farms this afternoon for a tour of a 10,000 cow dairy operation. I'll bet we are going to smell what goes with 10,000 cows as well! Tuesday was Cathy's birthday so we went to Picacho Open Pit BBQ for dinner. YUM! Earlier in the day, Donna, Janet and I went to Queen Creek Olive Mill to get some more olives and olive oil. Janet shipped a box home and Donn and I loaded the VW. Back to BBQ. We had steaks that were great. It's a little place right inside the front gate of a 70 site RV park. It reminded me of a the lobster pounds up in the NE but without the lobsters. Not much atmosphere but great food. When we got back to the RV we invited several others over to join us for dessert. Cathy had brought a big chcocolate cake home from Sam's. Shirley Witcher (a park resident) had baked Bruce a homemade lemon pie. I had baked cup cakes. We obviously had way too much dessert for 7 people so we called in recruits. The 13 of us got really cozy in our RV and ate as much as we could. Wednesday Bruce got up early and went to Casa Grande hospital to see Uncle Roger. He was admitted the day before with chest pain so Bruce wanted to go see how he was doing for himself. Janet and I went to the hospital later in the morning. Uncle Roger was feeling ok and was waiting for his 4:00 p.m. stress test. We visited for a little while and then someone came to help him with a shower. We took the que and took Aunt Delores to the Creative Cafe for a delicious lunch. After lunch Aunt Delores went back to the hospital and Janet and I went shopping for the park's craft fair luncheon on Saturday. Oh joy!! After Bruce got off work, Bruce, Janet and I went to Vince and Shirley's for a visit. Shirley made us baby back ribs that were just to-die-for. We overate AGAIN!! Bruce has been working in the office all week. He's got some things he would like to accomplish before he leave Saturday morning but time is flying by quickly. I need a few lessons on things with the RV that I have to do in his absence. YUK! I think we are both still in shock over what is about to happen to our life. Another chapter and another adventure!!

No comments: