Us

Us

Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday, January 7, 2008

It rained today but that didn't bother us at all. Bruce worked in the office by himself all day. Today we had a luncheon and style show. The "white team" and I worked full steam ahead all morning to get ready for the luncheon. We served about 85 people and we recaeied all kinds of compliments. Bon Worth provided the clothing for the fashion show and park residents were the models. Of course we had plenty of chicken salad and plenty of tossed salad left. We got rid of all kinds of leftovers so we were happy campers. The best line of the morning was occured when all of us were dead serious in the last couple of minutes before the luncheon. Bob Timpko was going to get some water and he looked up at me and said, "Where are your jugs?" I just burst into laughter and told him it was really bad when someone had to ask me where my jugs were. After the luncheon was finished and everything was cleaned up, I remembered that the chairs in the hall had to be set up for a resident meeting in the morning. So, the workampers headed back to the hall and set up the chairs they had just taken down. I was not a good boss at that point. I went over to the office and worked a couple hours with Bruce. Bruce was in a really BAD mood this afternoon so we came home and I made him a big drink. That helped. Melissa came to the luncehon with Cathy and then spent the afternoon reading and taking a nap with Jasmine. It was a great ay for napping with all the rain. This evening we went to Pizza Hut with Jack and Cathy, Rick and Wendy, and Bud and Shelley. Seven of us piled into Rick and Wendy's Ford pickup so I'm sure we were a sight when we all got out. This evening I'm doing laundry at the RV and Bruce is up doing the bedding in the laundromat. I'm ready for BED and it's only 7:05.

No comments: