Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
This has been one full day!! I went to town today to make a bank deposit, print some pictures, get a hair cut and buy groceries for tomorrow's volunteer luncheon and Bingo. It was my lucky day because everything I need for work was on sale. SCORE!! I even purchased the pork loins for the Valentine's Day dinner. While I was working in town, Bruce was busy putting out fires in the park. That's the mundane part. Now for the meat of the day.
Bruce was offered and accepted the position of Contract Site Supervisor for the Washington Consulting Group at the Kansas City ARTCC. In other words, Bruce is going back to work full time in Olathe, Kansas. Last week he accepted a position with the same company but that was a travelling job. Friday he was called about the Olathe job and his selection was announced today. We are waiting for the written offer but everything else is finished. Bruce will fly back to Kansas City the end of January so he can report for duty on February 4. I will stay here and work. Originally our plan was to have me work until the end of March but Bruce decided he didn't like that idea. He will fly back here the end of February and we'll both go back to Kansas City in the RV. Two of our workamper couples have volunteered to be the coordinators for the month of March. All of this will afford me the opportunity to try to go back to work until I am 55 so that I can retire with an annuity at age 55 instead of waiting until I am 62. Melissa actually found me a job opening at the FAA today. I am going to submit my application and we'll see what happens.
Is your head spinning? Mine is. Our life is about to change drastically. If you would have told me two weeks ago that we were both going back to work full time, I'd have laughed right in your face. We bot feel like God is directing all of this. We are simply along for the ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Weren't we just face to face? Guess you were thinking, "she can read it on the blog and be SHOCKED!" Fooled you... I'm not shocked. I am tickled for the both of you and I love your attitude regarding all the changes. However, congratulations being said, we will miss you more than you can possibly know, even though it will only be for a month.
Re: "We both feel like God is directing all of this. We are simply along for the ride."
That's the best kind of ride to be on!
Blessings
Greg N
Post a Comment