Us

Us

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday, January 4, 2008

Isn't she pretty?? Bruce says I look like I got too close to a zig zag sewing machine.
Friday was the day for the removal of the basal cell carcinoma on my right nasal bridge. We departed the RV about 6:30 in the morning and arrived at the office in Mesa a5 7:45 a.m. Much to our surprise, we joined approximately 20 other individuals who were undergoing the same procedure as me. When I first opened the office door and saw all those people, I wanted to run but I overcame the anxiety and found a seat. My new friend Barbara Howard loaned me her Ipod so I sat and listened to some very soothing music. Before long I was called in for the surgery. I sat down on the table, turned up the music and waited. The nurse shot my nose full of some deadening agent and and I continued to enjoy the music. The good doctor came in, took a quick look, showed me what he was going to remove, told me to close my eyes and enjoy my music. The first pass went quickly and I was back in the waiting room within 10 minutes. I listened to more music and read a magazine for about 40 minutes and they called me in for another pass. That was even quicker than the first pass. I was back in the waiting room with all the others who were doing the same thing as me, waiting patiently. An hour or so later they called me back to sew me up. I again turned on the music and sat with my eyes closed. After about 15 minutes my nose was sewn up and I was on my way. Bruce and I had a nice lunch at Red Robin and did some shopping at Arizona Mills. Bruce wanted to go to Beaudry RV so I sat in the car for a quick nap. The salesman wanted me to look at a couple of RVs because he thought I was the easy one to sell. He was wrong. We left there and went to the airport to get Melissa. Her plane arrived on time and we went to Unos for pizza. Yum. We got back to the RV about 9:30 and we all retired for a good night's sleep.

No comments: