Us

Us

Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, January 28, 2008

A few days have past and I haven't taken time to post a blog but here I am. Friday I spent the majority of the day working on my job application. YUK!! Friday evening we hosted our first fish fry at Quail Run. We had contracted with someone else to do the cooking. All was well until their burners wouldn't work properly. The food was great and but they finished cooking about 1 1/2 hours after they were scheduled to finish. Several of the residents brought wine to help them pass the time while they waited for their food. That helped! We got the room cleaned up and ended our work day about 9:00 Friday night. Saturday morning we both went to the office briefly but quickly left the office. We went to Phoenix and did a little personal shopping before we picked our friend Janet Nieto up from the airport. We stopped and had a bite to eat on the way home and went directly to the concert. Dave and Daphne played at the park Saturday night. Dave was the lead guitarist for the Doorights (Barbara Mandrell's band). Daphne was voted the female Gospel singing artist several years ago. The concert was a sell out! After the concert we helped pick up the chairs and we were home by 10:00. Sunday morning we slept in and went to 10:15 church. After church I actually cooked lunch. It rained like crazy all day so we just stayed inside. We watched Titanic later in the day. Bud and Shelley came over for cocktails. We talked and laughed a lot. They stayed for dinner. Today Bruce worked in the office all day. Janet and I went for a nice walk. Lounged around and then went to town to buy groceries for the park. We've now got enough Pepsi products to last to the end of the year. We also got more popcorn and several more pork loins for Valentine's Day. This evening Jack and Cathy joined us for dinner. I submitted my job application to the FAA. I also found several more jobs I can apply for if I get ambitious. I don't think I'm too excited about going back to work. I like playing!!

No comments: