Monday, October 29, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
This morning started with a 6 a.m. phone call about Bruce's mom. She has been having some fairly significant confusion. After the first call, Bruce called the assisted living center nurse to get her opinion. An hour or so later he received another call saying that his mother had fallen and they had been taken to the hospital via ambulance. Bruce talked to the nurse at the hospital this afternoon and she told him Doris has a possible broken vertebrae in her lower back but they aren't sure if it is a new break or an old break from the osteoporosis. The radiologist is in Iowa City so they sent off the x-rays and will get the results later. There is nothing to do about that injury so they are going to keep her in the hospital tonight and then take her back to the assisted living center Tuesday. According to the nurse she wasn't in any significant pain and was resting comfortably. We are thankful she didn't have any other injuries and we are hoping some of the test they did will tell why she's been so confused. Bruce is still waiting for the doctor to call.
Between all the phone calls this a.m. we had a good walk. Then I went to water aerobics and Bruce went to work. After aerobics I made Bruce a good lunch and did some reading that had to be done. This afternoon I took a nap and played on the computer. Now, this is living! I am not sure Bruce would agree with that assessment but I'm doing the typing and not him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope his mom is OK. Glad to hear you two are not working so many hours! You have to get rested up for when I come to visit!!!
We certainly hope the news about Bruce's mom has been positive today. It is always so hard when something happens when you are somewhere that you cannot respond as quickly as you would like.
It is good to see that you are finding time to actually enjoy your time in Arizona. Our weather here in south Texas has been spectacular recently . . . warm afternoons, cool evenings and even cooler, crisp mornings!
Later,
Fred & Marge
Post a Comment