Tuesday, October 16, 2007
The end of October 16
Today Bruce worked 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. He's supposed to work 21-25 hours a week so that means he's almost finished for this week - 9 hours Monday plus 12 hours today! Ha. We survived our first major event - a potluck. Are you laughing?? The turnout was great and a good time was had by most. I received my first cross words tonight so that is behind me. The good thing is that all I said back to her was "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry". I really wanted to hit her with the ice cream scopp but I didn't. Yea me!
The best part of this day is that our friend's surgery went well. We are so thankful for that. Prayers were answered once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Your restraint with the ice cream scoop is giving me a funny visual! I can just see your thoughts as you are saying I'm sorry! I'm glad things went well with your friends surgery. I am looking at flights for the middle of January! Can't wait!!!
Isn't it amazing how someone with no intention of volunteering or offering helpful comments knows exactly what is wrong with a situation. Kudos to you DeAnn for your wonderful and usual diplomatic handling of such situations. It's amazing how quick such folks back off if they are invited on the spot to handle the same job that you are doing so very well.
We love being able to keep up with your "activities". But we still miss you here in Texas.
I love your blog. It just makes it so easy to keep up with you two. BTW - Amy said she liked the soup yesterday.
I'm so glad your friend is doing well. Hopefully, his recovery with be easy and quick.
I'm with Janet, I can just picture the ice cream scoop with what you might have really been thinking:) We'll just have to keep praying for this person.
Post a Comment