Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Tired Tuesday, October 23
I am starting to feel like a broken record. Today we both went to work early. The day started with our monthly "all hands" meeting. Unlike most FAA meetings, we actually accomplished a few things. We are set for our first pancake breakfast and our Halloween Party/Dance. As soon as that meeting finished, Bruce went back to work on the newspaper. Everytime he thought he was ready to go to press, someone had something else to add. He worked on the newspaper the rest of the day and has the blessing of the former editor so he's ready for press. I had the great pleasure of meeting with the cook for 2 hours right after the all hands meeting. We now have our menus planned for the rest of the year.
I've decided Bruce is a smart manager. He has successfully passed everything off on me except the newspaper but I am NOT going to do that! I'm going to ask for a raise. Oh yes, I forgot I'm not getting paid.
This afternoon we had another pumpkin event. WAHOO!! We've paid the pumpkin bill and have cleared some extra with a week to go. I'm thinking about peddling the rest of the pumpkins on the corner - kind of like a lemonade stand. Tomorrow we are going to sell our first load of aluminum cans so we'll get more money. This is all just so funny to me I have to laugh when I read about our day and can hardly believe this is us.
One of these days I'm going to write about all the fun we are having being retired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Q.R. & NOG;
I thought you were retired? I've been thinking about retiring but if I do, I won't go to Arizona. Their clocks must be different than here in the Show Me state. Here, 5 twelve hours days a week doesn't equal 20 hours per week! I don't think I could handle a retirement plan that involves working 60 hours per week. Maybe I better keep the job I have now!
Wow! You two made us so tired we now have to go to bed (and it's not even 8:30)!!!
We were considering coming to see you later this winter, but the 105 temperature doesn't sound inviting, PLUS, we don't know when you'd have time to visit with us!
Post a Comment