Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Wednesday, October 24
The newspaper has been printed and is in the mailboxes of all the residents. The manager is thrilled with it and we are thrilled it is finished. While Bruce was in Casa Grande getting the paper printed I was busy trying to find someone that would buy our aluminum cans. That was interesting. It seems that the state or the feds have shut down all the local recycle centers. Someone has a bunch of new regulations that the little guys can't follow so they are gone. If we wanted to haul our cans to Phoenix we could sell them. Let's see. It is 120 miles round trip. The big pickup used to haul them probably gets 10 mpg. Diesel is $3.05 per gallon. I don't think we'd get rich off of that ordeal. We are going to give them to the prison that picks up the rest of our recycling. Maybe we'll save a few tax dollars by donating them to the prison. Ha! This afternoon we met with a lady that runs a tour bus company that wants to take our residents on day trips. She's got several fun looking trips on the list. Tomorrow I'm calling yet another company to see who can offer us a better deal. The first woman wants to take us on a free trip so maybe if I call several companies we can get ourselves several free day trips. This is sounding promising! Another business I called invited us to be their guests for their dinner theatre. The rest of the afternoon was peaceful and we accomplished many things on our list. This evening 43 of us went to A&M Pizza in Eloy, AZ. YUM!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment