Us

Us

Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday, October 22, 2007

Wow. I am finally successful at getting on the internet. I'll get us caught up. Saturday we finally had to go to the grocery store. I fed Bruce hot dogs and beets for lunch and he does NOT like beets. By the time we got back, we needed to set up for the 3:00 happy hour and pool party. We had another successful event with about 40 people in attendance. A good time was had by all in spite of the fact that it was 105 on the thermometer. Sunday we didn't do anything except taste test the pumpkin pancake recipe we are going to use for the pancake breakfast next weekend. I don't like pancakes but I liked these! I think I took three naps while I was trying to read the newspaper but I finally did get it read - cover to cover. What a treat. Oh I almost forgot, I had to call my Mom to find out how to set up my bookkeepping system. I didn't like bookkeepping class 35 years ago and I still don't but I don't have any choice now. After a quick refresher class from my Mom, I am set. Bruce doesn't want me to get too into tracking money because he's afraid he won't EVER get a penny then. Today was another work day and we both worked all day. Bruce learned how to use Microsoft Publisher so he can publish a monthly newspaper. I wrote the majority of the articles and he's formatting the newspaper. In fact, he's over there tonight trying to get it finished up. When we leave here we are going to be highly skilled! No day would be complete without a visit from the park manager and this day was complete. We actually finished up several projects this afternoon so we are feeling pretty good tonight. About 5:00 we drove over to Eloy to check out the local pizza joint because we are taking 50 people there on Wednesday and we didn't want any surprises. The food was good and the place was clean enough to meet Bruce's white glove test so I think we are set. After dinner we went to Casa Grande to finish the grocery shopping for tomorrow's pumpkin painting and carving party and Saturday's pancake feed. Who would have known that two slugs that haven't done anything for nearly 4 years would be working 12 hours a day??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh oh Bruce, no more helping the economy of the United States!!!!