Us

Us

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Weekend

Friday was a very busy day in the office. First we had our monthly park meeting with free coffee and donuts sponsored by Beaudry RV. Bruce opened the meeting by welcoming everyone that has joined us since the last meeting on 11/16. Then he recognized those with birthdays and anniversaries. From there I took over and went through the calendar. After that meeting we had our first meeting of the park "welcome committee". The committee is comprised of park residents representing the rest of the residents. Typically the park manager and the activities coordinator sits in on the meeting to hear all the complaints. The park manager forgot to come to the meeting so I chaired the meeting. The residents were very complimentary toward the activities staff but not so complimentary toward the owners. After the meeting we grabbed a quick bite of lunch and ran back to the office where there were 6 people waiting for us. Bruce had some personal paperwork he had to take care of right away so I sorted through the people wanting help. At 2:45 we sped into town so I could get my nails done FINALLY. What a treat that was. Now if I can get a haircut and a pedicure I'll feel like a real human being again. Then we were off to the grocery store to get the meat and buns for Saturday's luncheon. We treated ourselves to a nice dinner at Mimi's Cafe and came home and crashed. Saturday started at 5:00 a.m. It poured rain in the night but it let up early in the morning. We opened up the hall and started getting ready for the craft sale about 5:45. We had sold all of our tables for the craft fair and all the vendors showed up - in spite of the fact that it was pouring at 7:00 a.m. when they were trying to set up. I think most of the vendors did ok. We made $92 at our bake sale table, $92 on the raffle and sold $92 worth of tickets to the luncheon. What do you suppose were the chances of that? The luncheon started immediately following the craft fair. The men took down the craft tables and set up the chairs for the evening concert. The kitchen was cleaned and dishwasher was running by about 1:30. Then Bruce and I went to the office and did all the money paperwork. We were home at 3:30. I cleaned the motor home and made dinner because we were having Charles and Myrna over for dinner before the concert. Dinner went well and we were off to the hall for the concert. Buddy and Shelley, workampers, turned all the lights on and sold tickets for the concert so all we had to do was walk in and count heads so we'd know how much to pay the entertainers - Ron and Opal Erickson from Branson. They entertain at the Roy Rogers theatre in Branson during the summer. The concert was very enjoyable and we home again by 9:30. Eight of us gathered over here for dessert after the concert. At 12:45 we dropped into bed. The great news is that I slept straight through until 7:00 a.m. What a blessing that was! This morning we were back at the hall by 9:00 to open up the hall for the morning gospel service. Two workampers volunteered to serve soup after the concert so we opened up the cabinets etc and helped them get set up. After the gospel service we ate the yummy soup. They had the kitchen cleaned up by 12:15 so Bruce locked up and we came home. I laid down on the couch and slept until 4:00. I was exhausted. Bruce did some work outside and went to Bud and Shelley's to visit for a few minutes. We had leftovers for dinner and now we are ready for some television. Even the dog is exhausted from this weekend! We are hoping for a very quiet week at Quail Run RV park. We have no major work events all week. Tuesday we are going to help wrap 3o0 toys for the Arizona City Children's Christmas party and Friday the preschool kids are coming to sing for us. Our person calendar is full every night this week so it's a good thing work is going to be slow. We'll see!

No comments: