Us

Us

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Monday and Tuesday were simple work days at the park. The workampers did an awesome job of decorating the outisde of the buildings. They've even lit up the buffalo. Tuesday I went to line dance, worked in the office a few minutes and came home and slept on the couch. That felt great. Bruce cleaned up the office and did some reorganizaing while I was at home. Tonight we went out for Pizza. This afternoon I found out that of the four biopsies I had taken on my face, two are non-events, one is a basal cell carcinoma and one is pre-cancerous. The pre-cancerous spot will be frozen and I'll have MOHS surgery on the basal cell. It is right on the bridge of my nose so it won't bother my eating or talking this time but I'll be a real sight for sore eyes again. I guess this must be a lesson in humility and I didn't learn it the first time so I get another go at it. The surgeon comes to Mesa from Palm Springs, CA. If he is as good as the internet says he is, I'll be in good hands again. The surgery will be sometime the first week of January. I should get a firm date tomorrow. The good news is that Mesa is only about an hour from here so it won't be as big a deal getting there as it was last year when we went to Houston. I'm thankful we have good health insurance and thankful their are good MOHS surgeons all over the country.

No comments: