Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
This day started at 6:00 a.m. We got ourselves ready for the day and headed over to the kitchen to get the breakfast in the oven. I had visions of the egg casserole being spilled in the fridge or green from the pan so I needed to see it for myself. Of course, everything looked great. I put the egg casseroles in the oven and got everything else ready for the volunteer breakfast. From 6:30 to 8:30 we enjoyed the conversation of the "regulars" in the cantina. The same six guys come to the cantina every morning for coffee at 6:00 a.m. I'm sure they solve all world problems on a daily basis. Four of our workampers joined us to help serve. The breakfast was very well received. We made good brownie points this morning!!
After the serving was finished I went over and opened the office and the guys cleaned the kitchen. That was a perfect set-up for me. Everything was going along nicely when the manager called and said she needed to talk to us and that she was coming over. It turned out that one of our workampers didn't want to be a workamper any longer because she wanted to become a regular paying resident. OK with us. We went back to working on the park newspaper. I came home about 3:00 and Bruce stayed at the office to work on the newspaper until 6:15 when I went over and got him. Now we are working on some paperwork of our own and are going to relax for the rest of the evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment