Saturday, March 8, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2009
BRRRR. It is cold in Merriam, Kansas and I don't like it but I will get used to it!! Life in the RV park is starting to look like normal.
Friday we did all kinds of errands and accomplished a lot. Friday afternoon both of the girls came by to see us. We had a nice visit. Then Bruce and I went with Ken and Ginny Taylor to Ponak's for dinner and then to the auto show. Dinner was really good and I ate way too much (so what else is new). We looked at cars for hours. I found three that I like: Mitsubishi Galant, VW EOS (hard top convertible) and a Volvo C70 (Outstanding hard top convertible). I can see me driving any of them and this week while Bruce is working I am going to go drive each of them. All three are comfortable. All three get good gas mileage. All three are comfortable to sit in BUT oh that Volvo is NICE!! I would have to get a really good job to afford the Volvo though so I don't see that in my future.
This morning we got up early and drove to Iowa to see Bruce's mom. She got out of the hospital yesterday. She is very weak and her breathing is labored. She was lucid today and was actually better than we had expected she would be. We had lunch with Bruce's Uncle Bob and Aunt Beverly. We were back home by 6:15 p.m. We defrosted the freezer tonight and I cleaned out one cupboard. Now Bruce is working on loading a new map source on the Garmin. The weather forecast says it will warm up tomorrow and I am happy about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We missed you at the Luau. Won't tell you how nice and warm it was today.... perfect day for the party.
The point is: we miss ya'll!
It looks too D___ cold for me! That VW convertible looks like it is shivering.
Remember...we all have to be Somewhere. I'm glad we are still in South Texas, even if the wind blows here. We don't have to shovel the sunshine.
Post a Comment