Us

Us

Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Night, 3/31/08

Today was a BIG day!! Bruce worked and I played. About noon I picked up my friend Bev Henning and we went to lunch at the Olive Garden. I enjoyed Zuppa Toscana, salad and bread sticks -my favorite meal. After lunch we went to a car dealer and drove a couple of cars. We had great fun. About 3:00 we picked Bruce up from his work and took him for a ride in a Buick Lucerne. We liked the car but the dealership was way too proud of it so they got to keep it. I took Bev home about 5:30 and Bruce and I went to another dealership. Now remember what I said in my blog this morning - the practical side of me took over and we were going to get a "practical" car. Well here is my practical car: After Bruce left me in AZ to do his job for a month I told him that if he lived 250 years he could never repay me. Well, the pearls were a good start but this totally gets him off the hook. I am one excited woman. This car goes like the wind and is REALLY fun to drive. Bruce enjoyed the drive a little more than I did, especially the part where he could make it a manual transmission and drive it like he was 17 years old. It has a sun roof that covers the whole top of the car. The stereo is a Bose system that can't be beat. It's got a 40 gigabyte hard drive that holds upward of 20,000 songs. I be jammin'. I can hardly wait to drive it on the curvy roads at the lake. One time when we were late for church, I made it to the other side of the lake in 17 minutes. My prediction is that I can make it faster than that now. Oh yes, I have more news too. I was offered a job today - well sort of. The manager called me today and told me that he had 22 applicants but he chose me. HR is supposed to call me tomorrow and make me the formal offer. I hope they offer me a lot because I've got a hefty car payment to make!! More exciting news. We were asked to join a small group Bible study for the summer with three great couples. One of the things we missed the most during our brief retirement was our small group Bible studies. Now we are getting lined up for that too. Like I said in the beginning - this was a BIG day. I better get to bed because tomorrow morning I've got a hot new car to pick up. I've also got to go find us someplace to live since we are both going to be working for 2 years and 5 months. Oh how our life is changing.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Yes ma'am, the REAL DeAnn surfaced right up to the top! LOL It's gorgeous and we can't wait to see you this summer. You must take us for a cruise around Table Rock and down 76 or better still around Lake of the Ozarks, but not in 17 minutes, please!
CONGRATULATIONS to Bruce for now being completely OFF THE HOOK!

Mrs. Monty said...

You definitely moved up from the VW!! Congratulations, I know you will love it. Can't wait to see it. Is this the job at the Center? Call me.

ttprincess1226 said...

Congrats on the new wheels!!! You be stylin'!
Bob & Elizabeth H.