Saturday, March 22, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Good Friday was a good day for us. Bruce worked all day and I did errands. I can't remember what I did other than shop for Easter dinner and deliver the food to Amy's kitchen where I will be cooking. I know I did something else but I can't remember for the life of me. I made a really horrible concoction for dinner last night. OH YUK!! I threw mine away but Bruce ate his. He said it's a good thing he doesn't talk about my food like I do. We went to Good Friday service and then went out to eat with our friends Sharon Pierson and Marilyn Bottrell. A good time was had by all. The second dinner was WAY better than the first. What was I thinking anyway?
Today was a day of total relaxation and fun for us. This is really the first Saturday since September that we didn't have one commitment. We slept in until 9:15 this morning and it felt great. Remember all those sleepless nights I had in AZ? Well, they seem to be a thing of the past and for that I am very thankful.
After breakfast we went to Olathe and picked up Bruce's shirts from the cleaners. We drove through a couple of apartment/townhome complexes but nixed those as there was no tornado shelters. From there we went to Overland Park Mitsubishi to drive a Galant. You see, when we went to the auto show, I decided there were three cars I wanted to check out: Mitsubishi Galant; Volkswagon EOS; Volvo C70. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you are going to drive all three cars in one day you had better take them in the order listed so that is what we did. Each vehicle has it's distinct advantages with the Galant being the best priced vehicle and it gets the best gas mileage. But, oh my that Volvo is a nice car. The front and the back seats are equally comfortable and it drives like a dream. Bruce likes the VW best because the convertible top is not only automatic but it has a sunroof too. For the first time since we have been married, I am going to make the decision about the car. The practical side of me is hollering very loudly. However, if I had a job and if I had a garage, the Volvo would win hands down. Moochers with no job and no income probably shouldn't drive a Volvo!! Stay tuned for the decision.
Tonight I'm boiling the eggs and preparing a few things for tomorrow's Easter dinner. Bruce is doing something outside in the total darkness but I don't know what. Maybe I should go and check on him. Jasmine is barking like always. I think she wants a treat or something but who really knows.
Since Wisconsin went and beat our K State Wildcats today, we'll be routing for the Badgers all the way!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Go Badgers! and buy the Volvo!!!
Can't wait to see which you choose. Today has been one eventful day here. Read all the blogs. Hint: We all have to wait until Snookie posts her blog before we can post ours.
Post a Comment