Us

Us

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Today was a big day in our Amy's life. She bought a condo - all by herself. We are so proud of her. The day started out rather stressfully because the seller did not take care of the items required by the inspection and the movers made a real mess of ALL of the walls. They also ripped the window covering hardware from the walls in both bedrooms, the dining room and the living room leaving holes in the sheet rock. Amy's realtor, Bruce and I met with an HVAC man about the furnace problems from the inspection and with a painter. After many phone calls, an agreement was reached and the closing went on as scheduled. Part of the problem was that the sellers are 87 years old and they were driving "home" to Milwaukee today with no cell phone. The seller's realtor finally struck an agreement with the seller's daughter whereby she will pay for the repairs and if she doesn't pay, the seller's realtor will pay. This evening Amy, Melissa, Bruce and I enjoyed our first meal in Amy's dining room - on the floor! I made a pot of chicken and rice soup and we warmed it up in Amy's new microwave. Bruce brought us some Smirnoff Ice so we toasted Amy and her new home. After dinner Amy, Bruce and I started the moving process. Amy scrubbed both bathroom and Bruce and I worked in the kitchen. Bruce and Amy will go back to work tomorrow and I'll go to her condo and work on the kitchen some more. I sure wish I had been working out all winter because my dogs are TIRED!

3 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Good to hear that Amy's closing went through as planned. I know she is so excited. Tell her congratulations for us. Tonight (Wed.) we are in Wichita, KS so we will be back in KC tomorrow night in our bed!! Yeah!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! to Miss Amy. You have every right to be proud of her accomplishments.

LaVon Baker said...

That's so cool! What fun. Makes me even more ready to see my kiddos. We are counting "sleeps" now...3 left.