Monday, March 10, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2009
It's Monday and I'm not at work!! Yippee. Bruce is at work. His day started off on kind of a bad note because he woke up 15 minutes before he was supposed to be there. Oops. I guess he didn't turn the alarm on.
Sunday was a lazy day for us. We went to early church at our old church and it felt really good to be there. We knew many of the old faces and in some respects it was like we never missed a beat. One gal told us that before service started she saw me and thought "well there's DeAnn". After church she came up and hugged me and said it was just so normal to see us there that she forgot we'd been gone for 4 years. A lot has changed at Beautiful Savior and a lot is the same. I am excited about getting involved again.
Bruce wasn't feeling the best so he laid low most of the day - except for cleaning out a couple of bays and putting the bikes on the back on the RV instead of in a bay. We had both cars full of junk so it was nice to get some of it put away again. I am going to make a trip to the lake to unload a lot of stuff we don't need now. I did laundry because it was about to overtake the bedroom. I also went to the grocery store which is less than a mile from us. What a pleasure that was. The nearest grocery store was about 10 miles from us in Arizona and instead of buying food for a party of 150, I bought food for 2. My $52 bill looked like nothing.
I'm not doing much of anything today either. Tonight I'm going to cook dinner at Amy's apartment. The electricity isn't great here so I don't like running the oven and the electric furnace at the same time. I'm pretty much out of cell phone minutes until 3/13 so I can't even talk on the phone. bummer!
We just received word that Kim and Aaron Rasko are now the proud parents of a brand new baby boy and a brand new baby girl. We are so excited for them and the rest of the family. I would sure love to get my hands on those babies!! I now have an excuse to go baby shopping.
The Activities gang at Quail Run produced an absolutely wonderful luau for about 300 people on Saturday. We are so proud of them and so happy for them to have that behind them. They are now on the downhill slide. Bud and Shelley are thinking about visiting us on the way back to Michigan. We can't wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad that you are safely back to your home territory and able to start unwinding. Relieved that the Luau is behind us and went just as well and the other great events that you and Bruce led us through. Only 13 more days and we head out of here!
Love Ya, Sharon
Post a Comment