Us

Us

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday, March 1, 2008

We blasted out of Quail Run this morning at about 10:00 a.m. That wasn't exactly early but early enough for us. Bruce had to assemble the hitch and hook up new wiring for the car because we had our hitch rebuilt by the company this winter and he had never reassembled it. We said our final goodbyes and drove off toward the infamous I-10. The trip was uneventful and we arrived at Sunny Acres RV Park in Las Cruces, NM about 3:15 p.m. This is a nice little park that we've visited many times. Our dear friends Bill and Marcia Nation picked us up about 4:3 and we all went to dinner at LaPosta in Old Messila. YUM. The green chili enchiladas are the best. Bill and Marcia are friends we made while working at Habitat for Humanity the first time we were here in Las Cruces. The construction manager introduced us one night at a Lenten service at church. We've been fast friends ever since. Bruce is busy planning our trek for tomorrow. The weather service is forecasting strong storms so we are going to see if we can find a safe way to get to Oklahoma City. Neither of us is excited about the possibility of driving into thunderstorms. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE spring storms? Well, I do. That is one of the reasons I like being in southern Arizona - no tornadoes!

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

So good to read your post tonight and glad to hear you were able to meet up with old friends that you've met while traveling around. I know you're looking forward to reading everyone's blogs about the Olympics. Snookie took great pictures of the awards ceremony and will post in a day or two. She's been rather busy. The Olympics was a huge success. We're praying for your safety. I understand... don't much care for the storms myself.

Tom and Sharon said...

Sunday and we keep hearing comments on how much we all enjoyed being with you and Bruce this winter. Tom and I are get more used to meeting good people, enjoying them and then having to let them go. Knowing that we can read about your travels in your blog and leave comments makes it better. We hope someday have lots of friends around the US like you do and will get to stop and visit wherever we are. I guess you heard about Snookie's suprise medal. If not I am sure you well read about it. Will keep in touch. Until then it is just MOTS in Quail Run. My blog address is http://footintheroad.blogspot.com/
I am just learning to do it and lack of a fast connection is makeing posting pictures a problem.
Bye for now, Sharon