Us

Us

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday, June 28, 2008

This has been a busy week. We returned to Kansas City Monday night. Tuesday night we went out to dinner with Melissa and Amy. Wednesday night Bruce went to dinner with the Smiths, Hennings and Keefes. Thursday night Amy and Kari Swan joined us for dinner. Friday night we drove to the lake. I finally posted a few reunion pictures. It is the post right before this one so be sure to check it out. Work was slow this week and for that I am very thankful. However, I forgot that I had volunteered to help put on a retirement party for a gentleman who was retiring after 35 years with the FAA. He wanted something simple so my friend Shirley Goode and I had a luncheon for him. We called it Bing's Bistro (Jack Bing was retiring). Wednesday night Shirley and I shopped for food and decorations from the time we got off from work until 10:00. Thursday morning we cooked, decorated and hosted the party. Jack and his wife Patti had a great time. While we were getting ready for the party it brought back all kinds of fond memories from Quail Run. That was sure good experience for me! Little did I know I'd be putting on retirement parties this year too. Friday after work Bruce, Jasmine and I drove to the lake for a quiet weekend of relaxation. We met Larry and Kathleen Andrews at Sunrise Cantina for fish tacos about 7:15. YUM. Saturday morning the four of us walked the hill and then went for a great boat ride. We stopped for lunch at a new place called "Coconuts". Another YUM. It decided to rain on us on the way home but it didn't spoil our fun. Bruce is enjying his new swing:

In a few minutes the neighbors are coming over for cocktails. Better get some grub out!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Great pictures from your reunion. Looks like you all had a great time. Like Bruce's new swing!

LaVon Baker said...

You have had a busy fun time since the last time you posted. I know you are enjoying the weekend at the condo.

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

DEANN IM SO PROUD OF YOU YOU PARTY FOR THE RETIREE LOOKS WONDERFUL! I CAN SEE YOU HAVENT LOST YOUR TOUCH.. ITS LOOKS LIKE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE REUNION.