Us

Us

Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday, June 16, 2008

Today started with Bruce and I going for a 45 minute walk before work. We decided that since Jasmine insists on getting us up so early, we would take advantage of the time. Great way to start the day! Work was rolling along nicely when I realized that being the genius that I am, I booked my boss a return ticket from Ft Worth the day AFTER he wanted to come home. Not good - especially since he wanted to return on Friday and I booked him on Saturday. I made the correct arrangements for the rental car but not the plane ticket. I quickly called the airlines and of course the charge for changing it was $150. I got everything straightened out and then went and told my other boss what I did. He kind of laughed it off. The next task was to tell the budget woman what I did and I was really dreading that. Lucky for me, even with the extra charge I was still under the government contract rate so I am still alive and I am not $150 poorer. Sometimes I just amaze myself! I can hardly wait to see what I pull tomorrow. This evening we took dinner over to Amy's condo. Bruce sprayed for bugs because she saw TWO ants!!! He hung her carbon monoxide detector and her cross and we came home. Next we were off to Costco to buy more stuff for the reunion. The shopping trip reminded me of the many excursions to Sam's and Costco for Quail Run so I had to call my shopping companion Shelly. It was so much fun to talk to her and hear her voice. Rick and Wendy are there so I got to talk to both of them as well. Can't wait to read about their dumpster diving adventures. Now we are enjoying another batch of my mocha frapp0s and are getting ready to start all over again.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

I'm so glad you are blogging regularly again. It's great to hear all the things going on in your lives. I am so proud of ya'll for walking early in the morning.
We are going to be back in Norman during July 4th for my mom's surprise birthday party. She'll be 90 on June 26. When we get back, we sure would like to see you guys like we talked about while at QR.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

It was so good to hear your voice. We really miss sitting and talking to you two. Glad things are going well. Enjoy yourselves as much as possible even though you are working. I'm sure your kids are glad you are in the area.