Us

Us

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday, January 9, 2010

Our day started with great music and a challenging message during worship.  We were challenged to look forward and not backward.  We read from Genesis about Abram's call.  That guy had some faith.  If you ever wonder what faith (looking forward and not backward) can do check out Hebrews 11  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+11&version=NIV

The pastor offered some interesting facts but I didn't catch where he got them.    There are    
                 350,000 churches in the U.S.
                 85% have plateaued or are declining
                 Median church attendance is 75 or less
 
The Chiefs provided me with time for a really nice nap.  After my nap, we ventured out to Costco and then returned home to spend an hour in the gym.  I grilled some turkey burgers with Montreal steak seasoning on them.  YUMMY.  All in all we had a very quiet and restful day.  What a gift! 

I forgot to tell you what happened on my shopping trip the other day.  We were in Chicos trying on clothes and jewelry.  I decided there wasn't anything I just had to have so I left the purchasing to the others.  When we got home I walked past the mirror and noticed that I had on a really pretty necklace that did NOT match the rest of my jewelry.  For crying out loud - I STOLE a necklace from Chicos.  Needless to say I will be going back there to make my confession and my return.  So ladies, if you ever take me shopping, watch me closely! 

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

R.O.F.L.!!! DeAnn, you just crack me up!! Sure wish I could go back to Chico's with you and take pictures of you returning the necklace. Talk about a "Kodak moment."