Today was another day of firsts. We had our first pickleball lesson taught by our friends Bob and Elizabeth Higginbottom. I forgot the camera, but I will get pictures next time. Although I am tall and look fairly athletic, I am NOT. I didn't play any sports in high school. In my 30's I took 6 weeks of tennis lessons and never passed the serve lesson. In my 50's I took golf lessons and didn't ever get off the first club. I have a real issue with failure and unfortunately that issue has been passed along to my youngest daughter, Amy. I am willing to try new things but if I'm not good at it right off the bat, I just quit. I don't want to take a chance on failure so I quit. Well, I'm facing my fear and I'm going to continue with my lessons. My friend Sharon Peterson told me that success is just showing up and giving it my best. So, Pickle On!
Pickleball is a fun game that is played on a badminton court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a perforated plastic baseball (similar to a wiffleball) and wooden or composite paddles. It is great for hand to eye coordination and aerobic exercise. I even believe I will be able to learn all the rules over time!
Tonight we attended our first Val Vista dance. Bruce and I were pretty rusty.
Pickleball is a fun game that is played on a badminton court with the net lowered to 34 inches at the center. It is played with a perforated plastic baseball (similar to a wiffleball) and wooden or composite paddles. It is great for hand to eye coordination and aerobic exercise. I even believe I will be able to learn all the rules over time!
Tonight we attended our first Val Vista dance. Bruce and I were pretty rusty.
| Jack and Cathy Montgomery |
We had a suprise visitor to our table. Bud says Bob has really soft lips. Our new friend (way over on the right) didn't know quite what to think. By the way, the guy in the maroon shirt way over on the right was a pilot for Evil Knievel. He flew into Kansas City a lot and Bruce remembers working 711EC but never knew who was on board. Small world.

| Shelly and Bud Wright |
| Bruce and DeAnn |
We had a suprise visitor to our table. Bud says Bob has really soft lips. Our new friend (way over on the right) didn't know quite what to think. By the way, the guy in the maroon shirt way over on the right was a pilot for Evil Knievel. He flew into Kansas City a lot and Bruce remembers working 711EC but never knew who was on board. Small world.
No comments:
Post a Comment