Us

Us

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This week flew by like all the rest. Let's see if I can remember what we've been up to. First of all let me say that I have 19 months to work. We thought about quitting again but my annuity will be almost $11,000 a year more if I stay until 9/8/2010 as opposed to quitting again so I'm going to stick it out. We have planned two trips. One is a week long trip to Cancun with the kids and the other is an RV trip to Florida. We'll be there about 3/16. We are hoping to see some of our friends down there. Wednesday night Bruce and I went to a Bible study called The Truth Project. Very interesting and very enlightening. We'll miss a couple of sessions so we have the dvd's to study at home. Thursday night I went swimming suit shopping with Amy. She had great success and left with two excellent suits. She is now set for Cancun. When I got home I did laundry and cleaned the house. Friday night, my friend Diane and I made dinner at the apartment while Amy and Bruce went out to dinner and a movie. Diane and I ate, drank, talked, laughed, cried and just had a wonderful evening. With Todd working and Bruce on a date with Amy, we had the whole evening for "girl time". Saturday morning Joy, Alex and James came over. We had a fun day. (Well, most of us did). Alex worked on computers all day. He took the info off Bruce's old laptop and transferred it to the new laptop. He took the info off of Melissa's old desktop and put it on Bruce's old laptop (Melissa inherited the old computer). He took the info off Amy's old desktop and put it on her laptop. He worked from about 10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Joy and I went swimming suit shopping for her and again there was success. She came away with three great suits and a cover-up. She too is now ready for Cancun. To quote James, he "came along for the food". I don't think he went away disappointed. We did a LOT of eating all day long. They brought their Wii so Bruce and I had a taste of the Wii world. FUN! Sunday Bruce and I visited a different church. We selected the last service of the morning which happened to be the contemporary service and we loved it. We will very likely go back again. It too is a Missouri Synod Lutheran Church and is equal distance from where we live. We think it is time for a change. Who knows. After church I went to a baby shower - the biggest shower I have ever been too. You should have seen the number of gifts. Of course, you would see but I didn't take the camera and didn't even think to take a picture with my phone. After the shower we went to two Super Bowl parties. Last night was sorority and our Valentine gift exchange. I really scored on the gifts. My secret sister is the BEST! Since it's Tuesday, I have to quit this so we can head to Taco Tuesday. We are celebrating the Spaur's 29th wedding anniversary tonight. I'm going to try to get some pictures.

3 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Can't wait until you get here!! It will be like old times having you at the RV park with us.

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS! WE HAVE CLEARED THE CALENDER FOR THOSE FEW DAYS THAT YOU WILL BE HERE! :)

ttprincess1226 said...

Hope you come our way! We would love to see you. We're in Zephyrhills with Barb and Darrell and Darrell's sister and brother-in-law. Have fun in Cancun.