Us

Us

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The start of a new month

This morning we had our monthly fitness evaluation and got our fitness program for the next month.  Let me tell you what.  The January program was a walk in the park compared to the February program.  The trainer was quite impressed with our progress and kicked us up a notch or five!  By the time we were finished this morning I was sweating like a pig in Kansas in July and I don't sweat!  The trainer and I discussed the fact that I haven't lost any weight in spite of all my efforts.  First she told me that I shouldn't lose any weight but she quickly remembered my bet.  We went over everything I've been doing and told me she wouldn't help me lose weight until she measured my body fat.  Ha.  I won.  My body fat was exactly in the middle of normal and she agreed that it would be ok to go down to the bottom of normal.  Her recommendation was to cut my intake by 200 calories a day so that is what I'm going to do.  Even though Weight Watchers doesn't count calories I can figure it out.  I'll let you know how it goes!  I'm sure February will show great improvement.

This morning we had a visit from Rick and Wendy Fury who we know from our Quail Run days.  Seeing them was a pleasant surprise for sure.  This afternoon we went to Superstition Ranch Market.  I love that place.  Fresh blueberries were $.89 a pint, raspberries $.99 per pint and strawberries $1.50 a quart.  Oranges were $.33 each, asparagus $.99 per pound, etc.  We filled up the shopping cart for $26.  You really have to watch what you buy and nothing is perfect but everything we have brought home has been great.  We're stocked up for another 7 to 10 days of good healthy eating. 

We are having an arctic blast.  It is going to get down to freezing overnight and we expect a high of 45 tomorrow.  I know that no one in the Midwest feels sorry for us and we just laugh when the weatherman says we are having an arctic blast!  Our kids all had a snow day today and have already been notified of  another snow day tomorrow.  I'm glad because now I don't have to worry about them driving on the bad roads. 

1 comment:

interestingplaces said...

Hello,love reading your posts,very interesting....just visiting from Malaysia and do check out my travel blog and really appreciate if you could be my follower and leave a comment there. Thank you
http://interestingplace1.blogspot.com