We got to spend a couple hours with our 15-month old friend Kyra after work today. We had some new toys to share with her plus some yummy new things to eat so we (well, ok me) were excited about the visit. We played with the new toys. We played chase. We played peek-a-boo. We played in front of the mirror. We ate lots of good dinner and then we took a nap. When her mommy got here she just knew we needed a picture so she dug the camera out of the closet and captured the moment.
Her mommy wasn't real excited about a 6:30 p.m. nap but oh well. Kyra gets to do whatever she wants when she comes to our house!! You will notice that EVERYthing is piled on the island because she can reach lots of things. She is such a joy. I talked her mommy into letting her come back Monday evening for a little while too. Hmmm. What can I buy her this weekend. Isn't my new rocker recliner nice. It's great for baby rocking. Bruce has one that matches but she hasn't warmed up to him enough to try out his rocker yet. After Kyra left Bruce and I met Shirley and Ike up at Spin Pizza for some dinner. Shirley is an amazing woman and we love spending time with her. Ike is Shirley's 25 year old son that we haven't seen in a long time. Shirley helped Bruce do all kinds of things to his computer so now it is running like a champ. I told you she was an amazing woman! Darryle is at the lake this weekend so we didn't get to see him.Friday, November 14, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Wahoo. We survived another week of work! Bruce earned his keep this week. With the change to the new company, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and he got to figure out how to fix it. He's really good at fixing. One thing we know for sure is that next week will be better! Bruce is going to Indianapolis to meet with his new bosses and to get trained on how to do things their way. This is the first time ever that I will stay home all alone - no kids and no Jazzie Girl. Melissa is going to Ft. Worth so I warned Amy that she is in charge of me!
Bruce is such a wonderful husband that he sent me flowers to thank me for "putting up" with him during the last several weeks. It was an easy task but I sure appreciated the flowers anyway. Aren't they pretty? They smell GREAT too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Now I know why you bought the recliners!!! She sure is a little cutie!!!
Janet
ooooo a cuddly baby... that is the best.
hey, could you send Shirley down here??? we got some nagging computer issues. better idea... ya'll bring her and we'll have a party!!
Post a Comment