Saturday, November 22, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
This week flew by totally undetected. Bruce was in Indianapolis for a meeting with his new company. The highlight of my week was dinner with Shirley and Ike on Thursday. Shirley is a friend from work and Ike is her son. Ike lives in a group home and is involved in a program run by Bethesda Lutheran Homes from Appleton, WI. I had the priviledge of meeting a wonderful group of people. The caregivers are nothing short of angels sent by God. They have a capacity for loving and caring for people that I have never encountered. One of the ladies was actually chosen as employee of the year and just returned from a week long event in Milwaukee where she was honored for her service. I can't properly describe how these individuals touched my heart but I know they are nothing short of wonderful.
Last night we were joined for dinner by our nephew Ryan and his friend Tara from Chicago. Tara is just a doll and fit in like we had known her forever. Bruce waited at the airport and brought them home with him. Melissa and Amy helped me prepare dinner and the six of us had a great time. Of course we ate too much but oh well. We sampled a few bottles of wine from PRP. YUM. Ryan got a big kick out of the Meister's Cuvee. (My maiden name and is name is Meester.) Today we are meeting them on the Plaza for lunch at Baja. I'll get pictures!
I have to mention our friend Chad Nieto. He is now a full fledged member of the Capitol Police force and is assigned to the Senate building. Greg, Janet and Lindsay were where for the ceremony. Greg actually got to pin Chad's badge on him. We are so proud of Chad.
I'm just full of warm fuzzy feelings and I'm loving life. Bruce and I are just blessed beyond belief.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We all certainly do have so much to be thankful for. We serve an awesome God!
So, are you coming to FL this winter? We all would love to see you!
Post a Comment