Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Half of 2008 is gone already. Wow. that means we have only half a year left so we better get busy and make the most of it.
Sunday we stopped by the motor home shed on the way from the lake back to Kansas City. When Bruce opened the door I saw that motor home and about cried. WHAT ARE WE DOING WORKING? Then he started the engine and I really did cry. Jasmine got really excited when we put her inside the RV. She just knew that this stint was finished and we were headed out on the road. We had to talk long and hard to each other about the benefits of working because we were both ready to throw in the towel and take off. I told Bruce that he had to go to the RV alone next month because I can't take it.
When we got home we went to church and then went out to dinner with our friends the Hennings and the Smiths. We tried Spin Pizza. That was a big yum. Bruce has eaten there four times now and they've only been open two weeks. Too bad we don't have stock in that place.
This week has been uneventful. Bruce finished his quarterly reports and I have been doing whatever it is that I do at work. Last night I tried a new place for a pedicure and a manicure. Let me just say that it was WAY too expensive. My nails look nice but not THAT nice. Tonight I got my eyebrows waxed. It's just a crime that women have to do so much to themselves just to stay looking decent.
Tonight was family night and Melissa chose Pei Wei. As always I am stuffed. Now Jasmine is sleeping in her bed and Bruce is shopping at Lowe's. YIKES! What do you supposed he's buying tonight?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww. I feel your pain. We're with my mom and don't really know when we will be back on the road. It's killing both of us, yet we have mixed emotions because we also want to be with her when she needs us. Remember us in your prayers. Makes me sad to think of you and Jasmine aching to get in the motorhome and strike out again. Miss you all so much.
You will need to send out a big "Breaking News" report when you do get back on the road. We would love to see you.
I can empathize. Even though it is just for a short stint, we're going crazy staying with my parents and are already itching to be on the road again. Hopefully you will come down to FL this winter and visit everybody.
Post a Comment