Us

Us

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday, July 29, 2008

Greetings from the working stiffs!! Life here seems to be moving quickly these days. We work during the day and putter around in the evening. There is something on the calendar every day for the next two weeks. This past weekend Bruce went to the lake but I stayed in town so I could attend a baby shower for Melissa's friend, Molly Murray. Wow, baby things have really changed! Friday night after work I went out with a friend from work and then spent a couple hours holding a 10 day old baby girl. I really could have taken her home with me!! She is the cutest little thing with long fingers and toes and beautiful red hair. Speaking of hair, I had quite an experience on Monday. I was helping on an interview panel. After we finished the interviews for the day the three of us on the panel were sitting in the conference room discussing the day. I had a pen in my hand and the cap to the pen in the other hand. During the conversation, I had been putting the pen in and out of the lid. I laid the pen down on the table, ran my hands through my hair (one hand on each side of my head and then both hands over my forehead and over the top of my head. For some reason I looked at my hands and they were COVERED with blue in. About the same time the other people in the room noticed that my face was blue and my hair was blue. I looked like a Smurf! Of course I had ink all over the table and all over my clothes. The good news is that I had a 4:30 appointment for a haircut and color. The hair stylist was really not impressed with my blue hair! Good news is that I love my new haircut and my new shiny blonde hair. We are enjoying the fruits and vegetables from a friend's garden. Amy has had dinner with us the last two evenings. There is nothing like a tomato right out of the garden. Bruce is trying to go to bed but Jasmine is barking because I'm not in bed with them. Guess I'll do what she wants!

4 comments:

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

oh my gosh I can just see you doing that!!! Sorry but I cant stop laughing...Hairdressers you godda love em.

Anonymous said...

shucks that was your chance at being a blue-hair!!

LaVon Baker said...

No fair passing up a really cool photo opp, just because it was YOU, blue girl. And no fair telling us about your new hairdo without pictures.
Are you guys coming to Branson at all this summer??? I'll take my own picture. :-)

ttprincess1226 said...

Where's the photo of blue hair DeAnn????? I bet you were a very cute Smurf!!