Us

Us

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yes we are alive - just boring old working people! Since I've written last we've spent two weekends at the lake. Both of our daughters and Amy's friend Leah went with us to celebrate the 4th of July. We got in lots of skiing, tubing, and boat riding even though it was a holiday weekend. Gas prices have lessened the boat traffic. YEAH! The next weekend Bruce and I went down alone. Our friends Ken and Ginny Taylor were staying at our condo because their kids and friends were staying at their condo. We had a great time. When we got there Friday night Ginny had cocktails ready and had dinner in the oven. It was great having a wife! We played all weekend. This weekend we stayed in Kansas City as other friends were using our condo for their family. Our weekdays are always busy but nothing exciting enough to write about. Last night we went to the Plaza with Rob and Bev Henning. We strolled through the Plaza and had dinner at Houston's. Om my. The good was FANTASTIC. Undoubtedly the best ribs I've ever eaten. We walked off a tiny portion of the food we ate and were home at 10:30. Tomorrow Bruce and I are going to Ft. Worth. I'm going to learn about Federal Appropriation Law. Bruce is going to keep me company and to drive me around from shopping center to shopping center. I'm glad he is going along. Melissa is going to stay with Jasmine. Jasmine is having a few difficulties. She is getting old and requires more and more care. I've washed bedding two days in a row because of her accidents. She's taking some medicine and we are going to try to see the vet again tomorrow before we leave. We miss our "retired"life more and more every day but every day we are one day closer to returning to the good life!

4 comments:

Mrs. Monty said...

Have fun in Ft. Worth and tell Sheila hello for me. Sorry to hear about Jasime - hope things get better.

LaVon Baker said...

Poor Jasi. Is she in the 'depends' stage of life?
Are you guys going to get down to Branson this summer? We sure would love to see ya'll.

ttprincess1226 said...

Have fun in Ft Worth. Eat at The Cattleman steakhouse in the Stockyards - fabulous!!! Delicious steak and the hugest baked potato and topping bar you will ever see.
Sorry Jasmine isn't doing real well right now. Hopefully things will look up soon.

LaVon Baker said...

update: Retired life misses you too. We saw Rebecca Dawn last night and she was upset to hear that you and Bruce won't be at Quail Run next winter.