Us

Us

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I just read all the blogs from our fellow workampers at Quail Run. All the great stories make me really lonesome for everyone. Snookie and Bob's pictures of the Hoodoos bring back great memories of hiking through the hoodoos in my flip flops! Congratulations to Don and LaVon on your new home. It is beautiful. Bud and Shelley have a new shed and are home with the kids. Bob and Liz have survived the bears and the tornadoes. Bruce's other brother Darryl and his lovely bride Barbara have said goodbye to Kerrville and hello to Houston. Rick and Wendy are about home. Everybody is going to Florida this winter so I see a quick trip to Florida in our future! Thursday night Bruce and I went to TC Dance to watch Melissa's dance adjudication. She is a GOOD dancer and we enjoyed watching her dance. We are so proud of her! Bruce, Amy and I went to the lake this weekend. I was nervous as all get out the closer we got to the condo because I was about to see our new paint job for the first time. I was really relieved when I opened the door and loved the paint. The three of us worked for 3 1/2 hours to get furniture back in place. Bob the painter will finish the kitchen cupboards this week. Saturday morning Bruce went boat shopping with Ken Taylor. Amy and I were off to the mall for an hour or two of shopping. The mall had great sales and we did GOOD! Bruce called and said he was on the way. Next he called back and told me to meet him at a boat dealer. O course he had bought a new pontoon. Amy and I got to the dealer before him and we toured the boat. I thought I was hiding my disgust but Amy said it was really obvious. Oops. I guess I'm not good at hiding my feelings. Anyway, Amy and I went back to the mall for some more shopping. By the time we got back to the condo, our friends Rob and Bev Henning were there. We had a fun afternoon and evening. Bruce and I "discussed" the boat deal between 12:30 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. This morning Bruce called and asked the sales lady to meet us at the dealership to look at other floor plans. She agreed even though they aren't open on weekends. We went and picked out a different boat that both of us like. While we were there another couple drove up and I sold them the boat we decided not to take. So, Lou was REALLY happy she came out on Sunday- we were now much happier customers and she got rid of another boat. I think I'll call her tomorrow to see what my commission will be. I see a future of boat selling in my future. We brought the RV to Olathe with us because Bruce has to take it to the DMV for an inspection before we can get it licensed. What a pain in the backside. Tomorrow I'm back to work so make some more money to pay for all these new toys. The way I have it figured, we'll have everything paid for about the time we re-retire! I think we would have been money ahead if we had stayed retired the first time. Janet, I think Bruce could use a new certificate!! He's definitely back in the money spending saddle. I'm going to Fort Worth for a couple days in June and a couple days in July for funds appropriation training. I hope they teach me how to make someone STOP appropriating funds!!

8 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

So, you didn't buy a PONTOON? Don was getting really excited.
Sure is great to see your post!!
Even though it is missing something... PICTURES! Would love to see the new paint job and everything that's been done in the condo.
RV back to Olathe? Well, that's an extra gas or diesel bill that is irritating as all get out.
Miss ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

We will have to see what we can do about that certificate! I was wondering if you ended up buying something after we talked the other night! HAHA

Janet

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that our fellow patriot Bruce ia taking the President seriously again by consuming to the maximum! Go spend that economic stimulus check!

Mrs. Monty said...

So did you buy a pontoon or some other type? Bruce is back to spending that money!! Oh well, that is what you guys went back to work for, right?? Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well with Darrell's other brother.....LOL.....What else are you to do with all the $$ the government is giving you but buy a boat......Take Care
Barb

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

HELLO YOU TWO ARE YOU GUYS OK? I HOPE YOU TWO ARE JUST SO BUSY WHAT WITH WORK AND ALL.MISS YOU!

Snookie said...

OK, this is going on too long. BLOG!

Tom and Sharon said...

OK This is ridiculous. Where the H--- are you guys???
Tom and Sharon