Thursday, May 1, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Yippee! It is spring in Kansas and we are having thunderstorms, hail, rain, tornadoes and every other nasty spring weather you can think of. It was 82 today so I guess that we can expect. For those of you that don't know, I do NOT like spring storms. Jasmine and I sat in the closet tonight for a couple of hours. I had my phone, my computer, my jewelry, my purse, my pillow and my dog. I called both of the girls and they weren't very happy with me. It is dark now and the KC metro area is still having tornado warnings. For right now they are all east of us but I'm not comfortable going to bed quite yet. First I complain about the cold and then I complain about the tornadoes. Is it September of 2010 yet??
The week has been busy but good. Wednesday night we had dinner at Bill and Donna Rinne's house. Jack and Cathy Montgomery were there too and it was fun to see everyone. They are all happy and relaxed - RETIRED. Tonight we had dinner with Jeff and Pam Holmes, Blake and Aiden. the boys are 6 and 3 and they are ACTIVE. I think I have forgotten what it is like to have little ones around. Jeff and Pam were part of a Bible study group that we just loved. It is good to start getting reconnected with our friends.
Work is fine. Bruce had an all hands meeting this afternoon for the first time since his arrival. He's been busy at work but seems to be happy. I haven't been fired yet and it's almost three weeks. Pay day is Tuesday. YAHOO!!
Tomorrow we are going to the lake to work on the condo some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Saw the awful weather in your area on the news. Hope you're both safe and sound. By the way, while you and Jasmine were in the closet did you leave Bruce blowing in the wind?
We have been watching the weather and have been thinking about you. Glad to hear you are all ok. Just where was Bruce? Or isn't he afraid of storms like us females?
Glad you are safe. Isn't it great that our dogs understand us even when our husband's and kids don't?! I am sure that Jasmine felt better being in the closet with you too.
Sharon
Hi guys, you haven't posted in a while. Hope all is well with all the severe weather up your way. Take care.
OK WHERE ARE YOU? YOU HAVENT POSTED IN AWHILE.I HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK. I UNDER STAND ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU TOOK WITH YOU DURING THE STORM. I WOULD HAVE GRABED ALL MY JEWELRY ALSO! AND YES WHERE WAS BRUCE?
Post a Comment