Us

Us

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another day of apartment hunting and still no place to live! Bev and I looked at way too many places. The one we really liked today had the patio backing up to a very busy street. That's not happening. We looked at too many that were less than ordinary. At 3:00 we were both crashing because we hadn't even taken time to eat so we stopped at Mi Ranchito for some chips, salsa and a good dose of Mexican food. Yum. Bruce met us there and the three of us went and looked at the first place we had been. We were able to cross that one off the list. Our all time favorite is still the place that we thought we were getting on Tuesday. Bruce insisted that if I just asked, they would rent us the model. I allowed him to go in and do the talking and guess what, they will NOT rent us the model. HELLO BRUCE. We have an appointment at 9:00 Thursday morning to look at a larger two bedroom, two bathroom with a double car garage. After the apartment hunting we went to Amy's to help her move her bedroom furniture into place because her bedroom paint was finished. It looks great. We discovered that her bedroom is really big so there is room for her to have a chair in there for tv watching. After a few different arrangements, we settled on one that she likes a lot. We were home by 7:30 and I started working on the security investigation questionnaire for my new job. YUK. The weather man said it was going to rain on Thursday and Bruce decided I shouldn't drive MY new car in the rain so at 10:15 we left for Olathe to pick up the Envoy and drop off the Cad. I also dropped off my questionnaire so Melissa could take it to work with her. We traded cars and were home again by 11:00. Somehow we stayed busy until midnight. That is way too late for people that have to get up at 5:00. I'm starting to wonder what in the world we were thinking!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn Kids and their toys. >:) >:) Yea now you have to go back to work and get up at 5 am just so you can afford that $50,000 toy. Good God lady I thought I taught you better than that!!!!!!!!<:) <:)Then go out driving around like a couple of teenage girls. Holy cow. Damn Kids!!!!!!!!!

Hey gal, I am happy for ya. Glad you got the job and can now complete your FAA career and get some good retirement. I plan on going on 12/28/2008 unless you know something I don't know. I figure with my comp time and if I don't take much annual next year they should owe me around $35,000.

Anyway my doctor told me when I retire I will probably be able to take my blood pressure med's and throw them in the trash. (Dick Pogue) does that tell you anything. He had me drive down to Salina yesterday (8 hr. round trip) to give me my performance apprasil. I got to Salina office and stepped out of my pickup at 10:12 my time and we went to lunch at 10:22 my time. So it just drove me nuts to drive 8 hrs. for 10 minutes. Oh well I guess it all pays the same. They are just putting so much pressure on the Front Line Managers. I told my wife the other day that this job is not fun anymore.

Just had to give you and Bruce a raft of .... and just couldn't leave it alone.

Hope things are going well with you both. My e-mail in case you don't have it is: clocks@st-tel.net.

Have a great weekend.

Bernie

Anonymous said...

Sorry I meant to say 12/28/2009 is when I am going go.

Bernie