Us

Us

Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday, April 14, 2008

I SURVIVED!! Today was my first day back at a paying job since 8/23/2003! I was so busy all weekend that I didn't have time to get nervous. My day was fine and dandy. I'm being trained by Linda Wall. Interesting fact: I trained her to replace me 18 years ago and now she's training me. Many things have changed in the FAA and many things are still the same. Today was the first day in a really long time that the sky was blue and the sun shined all day. The nice weather was really tugging at me while I was tied to the desk. This evening I roasted a chicken and some sweet potatoes and made green beans and rolls for dinner this evening. Amy stopped by for dinner. After dinner our friend Sharon Pierson came by and helped me finish the kitchen. Thank you Sharon! Tomorrow I take some pictures of the finished apartment. Bruce moved the RV from the RV park to the church parking lot this evening. Bruce will finish cleaning it out and getting it ready for storage tomorrow night. Wednesday we have a dinner meeting and Thursday he'll go to the lake. I'm exhausted from my busy day and am on my way to sleepland.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Who ever doubted that you would survive?? Not me! You are the ultimate survivor. Glad to hear your day went so well.
Hey, you may have to relinquish your title "queen of the road" to Snookie, now that you have a job and an apartment and the coach is going into storage.... oh, she can only be queen of one thing?? Well, at least Bruce will always be NOG. ha ha

Tom and Sharon said...

Glad to hear that your first day was good. I knew you would shine. You always do. Hey, I never did find out what NOG stood for. How about an email that explains it.
Did you get to my new blog? http://goneagain845@blogspot.com/
My laptop died with all of my passwords inside so I had to start the blog over. Computers.. grrrrrrr!