Us

Us

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Friday, April 18, 2008

I survived my first week of work and so did everyone that I worked with! That is an accomplishment. Many things are coming back to me and I've slipped right into the routine of running the office. One of the managers commented that he couldn't believe I had been there only one week. I think what he really meant to say was that he couldn't believe an employee that had only been there one week had enough nerve to interrupt a meeting three times! Actually my week was really good if I compare this week to some of the weeks at Quail Run RV Park. This one was a walk in the park. I only worked 8 hours a day for 5 days and my work was finished. I was able to sleep at night. Not one cross word was spoken to me all week. AND the big one is that I'll actually get paid for every minute that I work. I really can't beat a deal like that. Not much more progress has been made in the apartment but that will come. A lot of progress has been made at the condo. Bruce drove the RV to the Lake of the Ozarks Thursday night. He filled it with diesel ($4.14 per gallon thank you very much) and tucked it away safely in the shed. Those were two very heart-wrenching tasks for Bruce. We are both thankful to have jobs that will fill up our diesel fund so the next time we fill up the RV the price won't be such an issue. Friday afternoon a crew of strong young men showed up to install our new counter tops and Bruce captured some great shots. The new knobs look GREAT with the new counter tops. We are going to tile between the counter tops and the bottom of the cupboards. There will be no white or tan between the two. How do you like our new sink? I LOVE it! And don't the chairs look nice?
After a hard day of working around the condo our friends Diana White, Bill White, Sue Dauner and John Dauner treated Bruce to his first birthday dinner of the year. I hear they all had fun. For those of you that don't know, Bruce is turning the big 60 on Thursday, April 24. Now he is officially a NOG - Nice OOOOOOOLLLLLLLLDDDDDDD Guy. Just kidding dear.
While Bruce was out celebrating his birthday I was getting reacquainted with friends. Several years ago I belonged to a sorority called Beta Sigma Phi. Lisa Wilms, one of my sorority sisters, invited me to attend their founder's day celebration so of course I accepted the offer. The theme for the 2008-2009 year was revealed: Rekindle the Torch of Friendship. That is exactly what I hope to do in the coming year. The evening couldn't have been any better.
OK, LaVon, I'll loan my title, Queen of the Road, to Snookie for the next couple of years. I've decided to dub myself Queen of the Office. I know that Snookie will wear the title with dignity and honor!

4 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Wish we were closer right now so we could get together and have a 60th birthday celebration for our guys. Don will be 60 on April 30th.
Can't wait to see the "new" condo! Looks great!
Queen of the Office... I know it's the truth! lol

Mrs. Monty said...

I knew you would survive your first week with great reviews!! They are so lucky to have you - no one but you would interupt their meetings three times....
Your new countertops look great. I'm sure that will change the look of the condo all together - and your new paint job.
Tell Bruce Happy Birthday and he being 60 is just like being "59"...

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

BOY I SURE DO MISS YOU GUYS IM SO GLAD WE HAVE THE BLOGS TO KEEP US UP TO DATE. YOUR COUNTER TOPS LOOK BEAUITFUL! IM SO GLAD THINGS ARE GOING GOOD FOR YOU. TELL BRUCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY! BUDDY SAYS IT DOES NOT FEEL ANY DIFFERENT.
FROM WHAT IM NOT SURE.

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

Did you have any doubt you would survive you first week? We didn't. Glad you are doing great. Tell Bruce Happy Birthday from us. Rick says the group is really getting alot older than us. HA! HA!