Us

Us

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm going to try to catch up on what we've been doing since the beginning of August. Here goes. Bruce took a trip to Texas in the motor home. Do you know that that is? That's the back end of our motor home and it's the last time you'll ever see it looking like that. Bruce took our RV to Texas to get a new paint job and get the inside spiffed up a little bit. I asked Bruce to take a couple pictures so we could always remember what our house looked like before it's face lift.
The following weekend, our daughter Amy and her friend Amber joined us at the lake for some summer fun. The new tube turned out to be a real hit. Looks pretty comfy, huh?
I had a fun time!
The next weekend Bud and Shelley came to visit. The first thing we did was put them to work. See what Bud is doing? He's reading the directions so he and Bruce would be sure to get the new bar stools put together correctly. Thanks Bud!
The stools turned out great.
We watched a little football. The KSU cheerleaders have nothing to fear.
We enjoyed time at the pool.
Bruce, Bud, Melissa and Amy went parasailing.
And they all survived.
The next weekend Bruce and I joined Alex and Joy in Topeka for a balloon glow.
Bruce and I spent a weekend in Branson. Bruce was really tired of dieting. I turned my back on him for two minutes and this is where he went.
Bruce found some new friends.
The band season as begun and we enjoyed the grandsons' first exhibition. They are both drummers and we are very proud grandparents.
During the past 1 1/2 months, I had a birthday and I am now less than 1 year from retirement. WAHOO. We've begun planning our retirement trips. We've made plans to attend the Daytona 500 with my brother and sister-in-law. I achieved my weight watcher lifetime membership and have maintained the loss. We have seen Lindi go from a shy little thing to a fun-loving little dog. We still go to work every day and those days go by quickly. We continue to thank God for our many blessings.

5 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Good to see you in blogdom, again.
Congratulations on the lifetime WW achievement. I think that is awesome.
Before you know it, y'all will be back on the road again! Woo the Hoo!!

Wendy and Rick Fury said...

As busy as you all are, that year will fly by quickly. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Can't wait to see the pics of the (new) motorhome when you get it back. How long will it take? You take care and we love you and miss you. Hopefully, we will meet up on the road as soon as we can.

Mrs. Monty said...

Congratulations on your WW lifetime membership!! That is great. That should give me some motivation....

Snookie said...

She blogged! She really BLOGGED! Now keep it up and I won't be all over you.

Take note of this Shelley! If she can do it, so can you!

BUD AND SHELLEY said...

hi there im catching up on the blogs!we had a great time with you and bruce and the girls! love ys, shelley