Sunday, May 17, 2009
May 17, 2009
We had a whirlwind weekend! Friday after work we drove to the lake with a storm bearing down on us all the way. Fortunately we arrived at the lake and unloaded all of our junk before the clouds opened up and poured rain. The wind blew and the lightening flashed but that's about the size of our storm.
Saturday morning Bruce and Bill White moved our boat from the old slip to our brand new slip with the brand new lift. The slip is so wide that we had to have a walkway built so Bruce is able to put the cover on the boat. Now is this a nice lift or what??
After Bruce moved the boat we drove to the RV storage unit because we had the car loaded with "stuff" I had "borrowed" from the motor home. I put everything away and left for the grocery store. Bruce drove the RV to our new storage unit which is really close to our condo. Now Bruce is going to go through all the boxes that have been safely stored in the shed for the last five years. He is going to get rid of all kinds of stuff. hahahahahahahaha. I'll let you know how that goes!!
I spent an hour at the store gathering up all the groceries we will need for Memorial Day weekend. No one in his right mind goes to the grocery store at Lake of the Ozarks on the holiday weekend. Meanwhile Bruce and Lindi were patiently waiting for me to pick them up after their hour and a half wait for me.
When we got back to the condo Bruce and I had lunch (3:00 p.m.) and Lindi played with her favorite toy. She is finally learning how to play and she's getting pretty good at it.
My next project was baking muffins for a "Building Six" birthday party. Of course I tried two new recipes and they both turned out great. One of them was a chocolate chip, banana nut surprise muffin. YUM. The "surprise" was a dollop of raspberry preserves. The other batch was a blueberry yogurt muffin. I had Bruce eat one of each to be sure they were ok. After our busy day we went out for fajitas at our local Mexican restaurant.
Sunday morning I made a fresh fruit salad and we were off to the "Building Six" birthday bash. This is Mike and Donna David. Mike was the birthday boy and Donna was the hostess.
This is Mike (the birthday boy) and Ginny (the birthday girl). Notice the red stuff in the glasses. That is blood orange mimosa and it is GOOD! Mike and Donna own a wine distributorship and we are all customers now! We also loved the peach bellini.
Here's the really full Building Six gang.
Immediately after we ate, Bruce and I left for Topeka to celebrate Samantha Sturgeon's high school graduation. Samantha is Alex and Joy's niece. She plans to go to Washburn University to study to be a pediatric nurse. Sam is a beautiful young lady with a brilliant mind. She was in the National Honor Society and in the top 10 of her class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Busy, busy, busy. You make me breathless just reading. Send me the recipe for the blueberry yogurt muffin. That sounds yummy. Have a great holiday weekend!
Well, you are back in the "real" world of work now, dreaming of the weekend coming... right? Have a great week!
Post a Comment