The last time I wrote, we were in Rochester, MN at Mayo Clinic. The trees were beautiful up there. Bruce's visit went well. We went there because Bruce has been having significant back and neck pain and he has his fourth collapsed vertebrae. The doctors prescribed some intense physical therapy which Bruce has started. The goal is to strengthen the muscles in Bruce's back so they will protect his spine. The doctors did lots of blood work and said they were pleased with everything concerning his osteoporosis. I think that means that everything that can be done is being done and if he acts his age and knocks off the risky activities, he could be fine. His PSA was a little higher but is still very low. He will have it rechecked again in three months.
We came home and worked two days and then took Melissa with us to the condo at the lake for the three-day weekend. Our friend Don Putnam has finished our kitchen. He designed and installed the back splash for us. He is great! I wish I could figure out hold the camera level when I'm taking a picture. For those of you that don't know, I have an issue with straight lines!!
Our next week was a tough one. Jasmine stayed with the vet while we were in Rochester. She was doing great when we got home so we took her with us to the lake for the three-day weekend. When we got home Monday night, she was fine but later in the evening she wasn't fine any longer. We took her to the vet Tuesday morning and they watched her all day. The vet called Tuesday night and said he thought she would be ok. Wednesday morning the vet called and said she had gotten way worse. He thought that her liver had failed and it was time to put her to sleep. Bruce and I went straight to the vet's office and held her for about an hour. She was crying and seemed to be totally out of it. We stayed with her while the vet gave her a shot and put her to sleep. She passed away very peacefully. Bruce and I cried like babies for the next three hours.
Fortunately for us we had planned to go to Topeka to see our oldest grandson perform in the Capital City Band Festival. We had dinner with Joy, Alex, Michael and Joy's dad Jim and then went to the competition. We had a great time. James is the tallest one on the drum line (6'4" - 225 lbs).
Sunday Bruce cleaned the cars inside and out and I laid on the couch like a lazy bum.
Last night Amy helped me get signed up on Facebook. I've been having a good time trying to figure out how to make my way around. I have already amassed 20 plus friends. I'm such a techie!!! (LOL)
It has cooled off here so I've been making soup in the crock pot. I'm not sure how we are going to survive the winter. I'm already cold! Tonight Bruce and Melissa went to Taco Tuesday at Pickerings with my sorority sisters and their husbands. I had my hair cut and colored. Now if I'd go get my nails done, I'd be in pretty good shape.
2 comments:
Your lake condo is beautiful!! Your new countertops and back splash really added a lot to the kitchen. Glad you all are keeping busy - that helps with missing Jas. Talk to you later.
So sorry to hear about Jasmine. We know how you feel. It's like loosing one of your kids. Your kitchen looks great. Try to keep warm. How long is it before you retire? LOL Take care and hope Bruce's back is feeling better.
Post a Comment